This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IS THIS IT ????? FH COULTER !

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

IS THIS IT ????? FH COULTER !

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Tue May 03, 2005 11:31 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... BID_Stores

Is this the real McCoy ? I hope someone from here gets it !

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed May 04, 2005 7:16 am

A little hard to tell from that picture, but looks like it probably is it.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed May 04, 2005 7:37 am

The round gizmo laying on the ground is the coulter. It slices the soil ahead of the plow point so you get good turnover.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Wed May 04, 2005 9:03 am

:? How does it hook to the tractor? I know with what is there it wouldn't hook up to my 48.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Wed May 04, 2005 12:56 pm

I never use colters on my rollover FH plow, but for the single cub plow it bolts onto the fast hitch beam. Look ahead of the latch and you will see the hole.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed May 04, 2005 8:35 pm

Brent this is for the fast hitch. The coulter mounts on the fast hitch it self by means of a $58.85 bracket. It runs just in front of the plow. You can't mount a regular cub plow on a Low boy. Believe me I know, the hard way but I know. I own one I can't use. It may be and excuse to get a cub but not this year.
The cub plows mount with the draw bar facing forward of th tractor and the coulter mounts to the plow frame. I won the auction on the one earlier in this thread. Its 185 miles each way to get it. If I go straight to the country its 268 from pick up. I'll have to load it on top of the 123 Disk Harrow I got last Saturday. I'll get a corn patch fitted up yet. I had bought a plow from TSC last year to use with my green 1250. It has no coulter. I can not get it fitted right to get good sod burrying. I tried moving it in relation to the wheel as the guys on the forum told me, but It is still cutting too wide a furrow and I ran out of adjustment. Maybe I have to change the dish of the wheel.
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Wed May 04, 2005 9:01 pm

beaconlight,

Tell me more about this $58.85 loboy coulter bracket!!!!!!

Smitty

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Wed May 04, 2005 10:17 pm

Yea what Smitty said. Wish i could find one for that price

Rondell

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu May 05, 2005 5:21 am

The bracket is 520261R1 you can see it in the pictures Tom at TM has.

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/l-f194_plow_001.htm

Tom had a 1 point plow but he did not have the brackets My Local Case IH guy said that he could get them and that was the price. Being inherently frugal (cheap) I just could not spend $58 + 8.25% NY sales tax on top of what Tom said he had to get for one. As a matter of fact he tipped me off about the one on E pay. I knew what it would cost me if I bought one from Tom and put in a bid accordingly and came in low enough to pay for gas and still have a couple of nickles in my pocket
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu May 05, 2005 6:57 am

CONGRATULATIONS "Beaconlight" :wink: ...Looks like you're gonna do some Fast Hitch Plowin' Son! :D AND...I think you got a GREAT buy at $166 bucks :wink: !!! NOW...Some plowin' pixs from you are gonna be in order...Let's See Some Soon! 8)
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Thu May 05, 2005 8:55 am

Problem is the 185 mile trip to get it. What with mothers day and all. I am in the procewss of moving partition walls here and one of my daughters is graduating nursing school out in Punxyatuny PA Sat. Going to Punxy gives me an excuse for a side trip south of Harrisburg to pick up the plow. Hope it fits in my wifes van. She would have a fit doing it in my PU. Besides there is a pull disk harrow in it now. Any way it is 263 miles to franklin from Harrisburg. If I come home first and drop the wife off( She is taking theropy for a bad hip) for mondays session it is 172 miles to franklin. I wanted that plow so bad that I could taste it. I just love sweet corn. I had to tear up the old garden spot when I built the 28 by 28 garage. Besides the trees had grown so much around the old garden spot it wasn't getting enough sun.
I just lurked watching the plow. I didn't want to jump in too soon and force the price up to where it was crazy and I couldn't afford it. I have watched enough auctons to see if there is too spirited bidding in the beginning people pay more for used than it would cost new. Being a Square head and part Scotch that just doesn't cut it in my book. I just waited and got lucky I guess.
So much for pictures. The job I did with the TSC plow is so bad I hate to even think of it. With the rock and sod I may not get that plot fitted for this year. But I'll get er done.
As far as a drag behind the harrow I plan to knock down an 18 to 24 inch beech and drag that behind If it is too much I'll try a smaller one or make a second pass.

Bill

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Thu May 05, 2005 11:08 pm

Beaconlight,
Why in the world would you pay sales tax on a piece of Farm equipment?
There is not any sales tax on agricultural equipment.
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Fri May 06, 2005 2:30 am

Bill,
Congratulations on a nice buy! :D That is the same plow and coulter I have for my Cub. I just put mine on last night with hopes of plowing this weekend. But the forecast is calling for the third straight weekend of rain here in downeast Maine. :( I think it will fit in your van no problem. I can put mine in the back of my Jeep Cherokee, and the Jeep doesn't have an excess of cargo space.
Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Fri May 06, 2005 6:41 am

Thanks for the part about fitting Vern. In NY state you have to be in the farm business as defined by the Internal Revenue code ($10,000.00 income from farming). Then you apply for a tax exempt certificate which you have to present when you purchase. Mass is known as taxachutes but NY taught them.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”