This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Zenith Carbs for Cub and Super A

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ironlegs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16426
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Super A
1958 Farmall Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Zenith Carbs for Cub and Super A

Postby Ironlegs » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 am

Here's some part information members may find useful:
Zenith's original carb for Cub and Super A tractors were model numbers 61 and 161, depending on the features included. These carb bodies were cast iron and are no longer available. Zenith's current new carb for the Cub is a model 68X6 (3/4 inch diameter throttle throat) and for the Super A is a model 68X7 (for 7/8 inch diameter throttle throat). The current model carb bodies are investment castings (not cast iron).
The only criticism I have of my 68X7 is that the fiber washers that seal the main jet orifice and main jet plug get soft after a while with gasoline exposure. I had a piece of orifice washer break off and get stuck in the main jet tunnel (?) or tube. My repair was to replace the fiber washer with a small o-ring and apply a little Permatex to the orifice thread.
The fellows at Zenith service are terriffic! They are very knowledgeable about their products, helpful when problems arise and very generous with replacing parts.
Ironlegs John

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Re: Zenith Carbs for Cub and Super A

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm

I have never seen a cast iron zenith for a cub, I dont think there ever was a cast iron zenith offered from the factory for a cub. They were popular on the SA- early 140s
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Zenith Carbs for Cub and Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm

No cast iron Zenith on my 77 Cub.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”