This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Governor question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 76502

Governor question

Postby Jdbfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:25 am

I have my governor apart for inspection and/or rebuild, How much side to side movement should there be inside the housing on the shaft that the fingures attach to inside the housing ( this is also the shaft the rock shaft attaches to). Mine seems excessive. It will move from side to side untill the fingures stop it from moving.is this normal?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Governor question

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

That sounds excessive to me. Here's a good how to you can look through: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Mainte ... index.html
You probably need to replace the bushing, but will also need to check for wear on the weights and pins they rotate on.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jdbfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Everything looks good, just not sure on the. Side to side movement. I guess that once the rock shaft is bolted back down to the engine, there is no way it could move side to side so maybe there is nothing to worry about????

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 pm

Just to make sure we're talking about the same part, which shaft in this parts diagram has the side to side movement?Image

Bob
-Albert Einstein

Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jdbfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Number8

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Got it now, I thought you meant that when you held the end of the shaft it would move side to side. You meant side to side as viewed from the front. I'm not aware of any adjustment to take that up and as you thought, it should be okay when reassembled. Make sure that there isn't any slop where the key (6) slides into part 8. That's where JB weld can be used to tighten it up if needed.

Bob
-Albert Einstein

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

As bob said there is no adjustment for that. The fingers will sit on either side of the shaft, and it won't move any more than the difference between the opening of the fingers and the shaft itself.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm

when you get it back together part # 4 will keep it lined up
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jdbfish » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Thanks everyone, everything looks good, joints are tight, etc, just wondered about the side to side movement....

Return to “Farmall Cub”