This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking For My Son's Farmall Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dbernard
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21550

Looking For My Son's Farmall Cub

Postby dbernard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm

I am trying to locate my son's 1949 Farmall Cub. It was sold about 4 years ago from Garrett County, MD to a gentlemen in Ohio. It has hydraulics, wheel weights, and a 1 bottom plow; however, I don't know the serial number. My son purchased the tractor when he was 12 years old and we fully restored it together. Since then he has passed away with leukemia and I would like to locate the tractor or get information about where it might be.

Last edited by Barnyard on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added photo

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Looking For My Son's Farmall Cub

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm

G'day to you and condolences on the loss of your son (+). Our kids are supposed to survive us, not pass before us. Leukemia is a real bear on the young. :(

I do hope that our members in Ohio might be able to help id where your Cub is and possibly who has it. Knowing it is a '49 is a bit of a help, but there are a lot of '49's around.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 pm

I spoke with the young man's father and sister today and told them it was a long shot but you never can tell what can happen. I also told Kari I would post a pic of the Cub for her, so I edited it into her post.

I wish you luck in your search.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

It is a long shot but I think the pictures do give some good hints should someone see this tractor. The intake/exhaust maifold painted the way it it, front rims 2 toned, and also the rear rockshaft may have something welded to the top of it? I wish them luck in the search.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Chris D wrote:It is a long shot but I think the pictures do give some good hints should someone see this tractor. The intake/exhaust maifold painted the way it it, front rims 2 toned, and also the rear rockshaft may have something welded to the top of it? I wish them luck in the search.
I think that's the lifting bracket for the lift chains for a Cub 189 two way plow. Especially since the plow that's on the tractor is the left hand side of a Cub 189. That in itself is unusual in my book and may be what triggers someone's memory. With the other items mentioned and knowing about when it was bought and where it may have gone to are all positives. Of course as Rudi mentioned there are a lot of 49's around and Ohio is a big state. I wish you luck in finding it and that the owner will part with it when you do.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

This is also going to be a long shot. On the Yesterdays tractor there is a tractor Research & registration section and also a photo section. There are a number of 49 cubs in there and gives some info like how much paid, year bought, name the person goes by on the site (Handle).

Good luck on your search
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am

They know about YT...they have been posting there. The research section might help.

How did the tractor get advertised for sale 4 years ago?? Did the buyer reference any specific area of Ohio that he came from when he bought it?

Return to “Farmall Cub”