This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB dealership in southwest, PA

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

CUB dealership in southwest, PA

Postby baldwindiesel » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 pm

I understand that there was once a IH dealership in Mt. Pleasant, PA called (KANTORICK). Apparently he sold many CUB tractors, and I believe that my 1957 CUB with Fast Hitch came from that dealership.
The dealership was located right along Rt. 31; in fact the building still stands behind a modern gas station. If anyone can provide more information I would greatly appreciate it.

Baldwindiesel

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: CUB dealership in southwest, PA

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

As of 1948, the dealer in that town operated under the name "Mount Pleasant Implement Store".

baldwindiesel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44820

Postby baldwindiesel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Jim:
Thank you for the information concerning the Mt. Pleasant, PA dealership. I was told that it was Kantorick, but they most likely were the owners and operated under the name of "Mount Pleasant Implement Store: I have seen the buildings, and it was a small dealership and the few people that I spoke to had said they sold many CUB's in that part of PA. In fact, I was in the area last Fall (I;m from Ohio), I was exploring the country roads and came across a man with his CUB cleaning up his vegtable garden outside of Normallville, PA. He told me that it had been his Grandfather's CUB and he believed that it had come from that dealership. His CUB (1953) was well cared for and it was neat to see one still being used in it's original location.
Oddly enough, I had purchased my 1957 CUB in May of 2012, and three months later on Craig's list another 1957 with Fast Hitch and just two serial numbers different than mine was offered for sale; in that same part of PA !
Still searching for more info !
Baldwindiesel

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 am

baldwindiesel wrote:I understand that there was once a IH dealership in Mt. Pleasant, PA called (KANTORICK). Apparently he sold many CUB tractors, and I believe that my 1957 CUB with Fast Hitch came from that dealership.
The dealership was located right along Rt. 31; in fact the building still stands behind a modern gas station. If anyone can provide more information I would greatly appreciate it.

Baldwindiesel

The store you mentioned is listed on this website as well: http://home.comcast.net/~mickhaynes/

Former IH dealerships are a fascinating study...
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 am

baldwindiesel wrote:I understand that there was once a IH dealership in Mt. Pleasant, PA called (KANTORICK). Apparently he sold many CUB tractors, and I believe that my 1957 CUB with Fast Hitch came from that dealership.

Baldwindiesel

The store you mentioned is listed on this website as well: http://home.comcast.net/~mickhaynes/

Former IH dealerships are a fascinating study...
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Farmall Cub”