This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I need Timing procedure and Air cleaner help on my CUB

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vmax654321
10+ Years
10+ Years

I need Timing procedure and Air cleaner help on my CUB

Postby vmax654321 » Fri May 06, 2005 5:26 pm

Dont want to be a leech,, but the grass is getting very tall and my manual will not be here for 2 weeks.... eeekkk
I have a Farmall 1960 Cub,, can anyone give me the timing specks and procedure and
How do I clean the air cleaner, i unsnaped the cup off the bottom and cleaned / changed the oil,, but is there a way to clean the unit itself without just wiping it off at the bottom..
Thanks Much...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri May 06, 2005 9:00 pm

First, welcome to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Ok, so here is the spiel.

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's (both 1 and 2), The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only licensed IH publication reprint shop and they have the best quality.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, welcome to the Cub Family :D

btw, the answers you need will be found in the GSS-1411 Service Manual on the above mentioned server site. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”