This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found a Blade....Need to know ...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Found a Blade....Need to know ...

Postby cub47 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:42 am

Pic example of a belly mount installation, assuming this is in fact a Cub-54 model, like Bill said, more pics would help out a lot.

NOTE: the pics below by TM Tractor show a regular drawbar, not a substitute drawbar as it appears is on your pallet of parts:

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/blade54_002.htm

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 am

Barnyard wrote:Just having the substitute bar isn't enough to mid mount. It would help if we could see a pic of everything that is with it. It is upside down in the first pic so it is hard to tell how much of the front mounting hardware is there.

Correct, that's why I said he may luck out and find all of the parts there.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 am

Charles:

If you are going to see the blade on the weekend, click this link: Cub Leveling and Grader Blade. Print out all 12 pages -- these pages document ALL of the parts for all 3 versions of the blade. There will be no question there as to which model and how complete it is when you pick it up. I would advise him that the actual value of the blade would/should be determined on how complete it is. Let's say you are happy with a complete blade for a belly mount at say $200.00US, then that would be the price. Missing pieces are going to reduce the total. How much for each piece ? - do a quick search on :eBay: and that should give you a pretty good idea - take the middlin' position between high and low prices.

I have all 3 versions for the Cub and a few parts for the L-54/L-54A as well. However, I am still missing a couple pieces to make them truly complete. It has taken me 10 years to acquire what I have as I am kinda frugal and look for best prices. Shipping for me is a big factor as well. Shipping for you should be much cheaper.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks for all the help guys.......will let you know how it turns out....right now it looks like they are not very interested in helping me much....
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

I received a couple more pictures of the blade......I am not sure if it any of the brackets look like the one shown on the pallet from TM Tractor.
Any help would be appreciated..
Blade 1.JPG

Blade 2.JPG
Charles Patek III
Words to live by....

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I( would not give $200 for it
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

cub47
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cub47 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't see any cub blade lift linkages for any of the 3 blades made over the years sitting there.

Just my opinion but I would pass on this one and find yourself a more complete unit....save yourself the hassle.

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm

That was the conclusion I was coming too also....just wanted to confirm my fears....thanks for all the help!!
Charles Patek III
Words to live by....

lazyuniondriver
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44134
Tractors Owned: 1949 & 1951 Farmall Cubs

Several Snapper Garden Tractors

Postby lazyuniondriver » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

With about every tractor or attachment comes the big problem, location. One just closed on eBay with no sale in Wilmington, Ohio which is between Columbus and Cincinnati for $200. It was complete and had a fresh paint job. Motor freight from Wilmington to your location would most likely exceed the cost of the plow.

If the one you are looking at is incomplete by more than about one piece and your back isn't up against the wall, I'd sit back and watch for a better deal to come along.
"HAVE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES MADE BY UNION DRIVERS"

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am

CPIII,

Since he wants $200 for just the blade, then, no, not worth the trouble. The fabricated "drawbar" doesn't appear to be sturdy enough and could cause some serious stress on the finals as it flexes under load. I don't see any of the lift bars for a front mount set up. It looks like most of the cultivators are there but really hard to tell. It also looks like some kind of seeder/fertilizer unit, but again, hard to tell if it's all there. Then there are condition issues to consider especially with a planter. If you could get everything there for $200 you would still need to buy a number of additional parts, particularly an original Cub drawbar, it's handy to have one in any event if you don't already have one (most Cubs come with one, but not all). There are a couple things there I don't recognize as being for a Cub. Personally, I would make him an offer for the whole lot of stuff, you never know, he might be glad to get rid of it, keep what you want and sell the rest. A decent planter can sell for some seious bucks, so could the culivators.
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Charles:

As usual, I am going to diverge from some of the popular opinion. What is there is essentially the Cub-54A belly mount. I can't see much else that would pertain to the front mount but then it depends on what you want the blade for. The blade is upside down and you can clearly see the cutting edge and the trip spring and frame. Looks solid. The Substitute drawbar may have been custom made (mine is and I have no fears with it at all as it was made according to the drawings on the server),

The other item that is there appears to be a wing for the plow and if so that is different. My thinking is that the other parts for the front mount, which this extension wing is obviously for must be in the pile of cultivator parts. Or it may be for the belly mount position and the wing

I don't know.... I kinda like that extension. I really would like to see how that looks mounted up. But all the other front mount parts must be there to make it worthwhile. I think it is worth the $200.00 ... but that is just me and my fabricator brain taking control.

My first blade wasn't exactly factory but it worked real well and I paid $150.00 for it. When I sold it, I managed to make money on it. Mind you I had it and used it for a couple years and painted it. It was well worth the coin I spent. This one by the pics is complete in the belly mount version, but I am not sure on the front mound.

This kinda reminds me of your mower project... a neat idea. Others may not agree, but one must have a bit of vision when looking at stuff like this. I know that I paid almost as much for the missing parts as I did for my other Cub factory blades and still didn't have it all complete. The parts you are missing are usually available on :eBay: and can be had reasonable.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
47 Farmall A (Patches)

Postby CPIII » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am

Thanks Rudi...

I think I will pass on this one and keep an eye out for a complete blade. I haven't had much luck finding parts lately so I don't want to buy something I can't use right away.

You mentioned the mower I bought...well that project is coming along nicely. I found all the replacement bearings, seals and belt for very reasonable prices. However I am waiting to complete my powder coat oven so that I can PC the mower deck. A little over the top I guess but it is a project and that is what I want to do. I am getting the sheet metal for my oven today so hopefully I will soon post new pictures of my progress so far. I have been going back and forth on how to build the oven to support heavy items. The version I was using as a reference would have trouble holding a set of rims. I decided to make the bottom floor out of 3/16ths plate and use 3" x 3" x 3/16ths angle to go up each corner. This will allow me to hang a LOT of weight in the oven without worry of collapse. The flimsy metal studs will simply be a means to hold the insulation.

Have a great day everyone....and again thanks for all the help!
Charles Patek III
Words to live by....

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

Will be waiting for film at 11 :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”