This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Crescent Forge

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Crescent Forge

Postby Peter Person » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 pm

The spear point #515640 is also available as a cheap knockoff from Agri-Supply for $7.99.
You get what you pay for!
The first one I bought broke in two about 100 feet into a furrow.
Agri-Supply replaced it free-of-charge. The replacement has been used for several years now without any problems other than showing normal wear, no worse than the $60 CaseIH Point.

Back in 2006 this is what my point looked like compared to a new CaseIH point. The new CaseIH point was around $43 plus another $11 for the custom bolt. I think the current price on the point is north of $60.

After only a few years and not really a lot of use - CubFests only, this is what the CaseIH point looked like compared to an Agri-Supply point.

Here is what the Agri-Supply point looks like installed.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Crescent Forge

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

ShineRunner,

Sounds like someone may have cobbed a Super Chief share on to your Plow Chief frog. It should have a separate share and the distinctive spear point.

Return to “Farmall Cub”