This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

block / valve spring combination

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

block / valve spring combination

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:54 pm

I have been working on a tractor for our local Lions Club
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76172
I have discovered something odd. This cub has a block with part number 251341R1 date code 2-25-R. This cub uses the same valves as others, along with the same keepers and spring seats, but standard valve springs will not fit. They are too long, and the keepers cannot be installed. I compared tall the parts with some I had on the shelf, including measuring the springs when fully compressed, and the new springs along with a set of old ones I had on the shelf are .3 inches longer than the ones in the cub.

Doing some looking around in the shed I checked and I had a block with the same part number 251341R1 date cod 11-26-Q on the shelf that was originally in my loader club, and when I started checking the valve springs I discovered they were also shorter than normal. After doing some checking I also found that standard springs would not fit it. The ones in both of these blocks measured .646 to .656 fully compressed, and the ones I found laying on the shelf and the new ones measured ,878 and .967 fully compressed. I wonder if this is also the length of the springs used with Rotocaps, but have never seen a Rotocap, much less have a spring to measure. I was curious if anyone else has run into this problem.

As a matter of coincidence, both of these blocks had the right ear broken completely off.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: block / valve spring combination

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Rotovalve springs are even shorter.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: block / valve spring combination

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:Rotovalve springs are even shorter.
OK, that answers that question, but since I have never had any experience with them, I had nothing to reference them to.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”