This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Seal for Transmission shaft front bearing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
equeen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27292

Seal for Transmission shaft front bearing

Postby equeen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm

I have received a new seal for the retainer for the transmission input shaft bearing. As some have noted, the seal is a bit loose. I can fix that with sealer, punch and washers. However, my primary concerns are that the seal sure has less metal than the original, looks cheaper and is 1/4 inch instead of 3/8 inch.

The photo of TM Tractors item 528810R91 which contains retainer and seal also appears to reflect a seal with less metal than the original and a less thick seal. The seal does not appear to fit flush in the retainer as the old 3/8 seal does.

Am I seeing reality of today's "cheap stuff" or am I missing something? Bottom line, should my new seal be okay as long as I install properly in the retainer?

Thanks.

Gene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Seal for Transmission shaft front bearing

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

should be fine , I have had no problems as long as you do as I said in the other thread
Boss
OH and yes things are made cheaper now by far
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall Cub”