This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Anyone ever notice this?..pics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Anyone ever notice this?..pics

Postby beaconlight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am

That support is not a casting but plain old schedule 40 pipe cut to length and bent to shape with holes drilled into it along the way.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 am

when making the pipe it was hot rolled. then run through a die to size and straigten.Along with lettering the pipe. I worked with the rail road back in the early 70's to late 90's. The youngstown sheet and tube was a 7 mile long mill. . Even had a coke mill. It is all gone. It was a awsome place to work around. A lot of people say the unions caused the sheet and tube to close. BUt in reality it was the EPA that nailed to coffen shut. Close to 8000 jobs lost plus the ripple down . There is a couple small mills still going but nothing like back in the day.
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

sgtbull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62854
Tractors Owned: '36 JD B,
'40 and '46 Farmall H,
'50 Ford 8n '55 Farmall Cub,
'55 JD 70 allfuel,
lots of other toys
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby sgtbull » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:56 pm

I recently looked at one that was a factory pipe, but had about 1/8" of the thread left on the steering rod block end. They must have JUST gotten to the end of the pipe on that one!

I found it interesting that they were using pipe with threaded ends.
I've never met a tractor I didn't like....but I have found some that were greatly annoying....

Return to “Farmall Cub”