This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

54/54a as a back blade?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

54/54a as a back blade?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon May 09, 2005 4:36 pm

I was musing to myself, as I often do, that if you turned the drawbar right way 'round, and attached the 54/54A grader blade to it as if you were going to mount it under the belly, except facing backward, that you'd have a nifty back blade and yet another use for that very versatile attachment.

Somebody must've done that before. How's it work?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 09, 2005 8:52 pm

It would sure stick a long way out the back to try to pick up. might try putting the drawbar in the fornt holes facing to the rear, but my question is why?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Wed May 11, 2005 7:47 pm

tried that when I was very much younger it is doable however never saw any advantage to it.
Ron

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Wed May 11, 2005 9:01 pm

Matt,

Click on my website link-go to the cub album and you'll see how I did just that on my fast hitch equipped Loboy. Took original mounting frame parts off; fabbed a crossbar and a couple of stay collars with set screws and bingo! What I needed!

Return to “Farmall Cub”