This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

looking for PTO pilot bushing replacement part #

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c
Circle of Safety: Y

looking for PTO pilot bushing replacement part #

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I am getting ready to pull my input shaft and PTO for my 48. I plan on replacing the bearings and doing the up grade from roller to ball with race and taking a cut on the transmision in put shaft to fit the race, for the rear transmision bearing. I will be doing the PTO while im at it. I was thinking of putting a gruve on the PTO for a snap ring to hold the bearing instead of restaking it. I wont be removing the bottem shaft in the transmission this go around. I have found all the bearings using SKF brand from usa bearings and all the seals using all national seals. I will make my own gaskets. Every thing including shiping comes to just over 41 bucks. The only thing I cant find is the pilot bushing for the PTO. Unless I want to pay over 20 bucks after shiping. If I knew the dimentions I could get one made.

I am fortuneate enough to have a budy that is a machinest. Any help is apreciated. If I have to pay the pipers price for the right bushing I guess I have saved enough with the parts and free machine work to compensate.
Pete from Virginia Beach

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: looking for PTO pilot bushing replacement part #

Postby Former Member » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 pm

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/pt/752fp.htm

I know it is not the dimensions or price you were asking for, but...

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E

Postby Landreo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I have the measurements if you still want them.

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I would think that it would be a standard off-the-shelf size bearing/bushing. The ID is 3/8" and the OD should be either 7/16" or 1/2", after that all you need to know is the length. Once you have the ID, OD and length, if it is a standard size a part number for that can be found easy. An Oilite bushing like that is probably between 0.50 and 0.75 cents. When I replaced the input shaft on my Cub it came with the new bearing/bushing installed so there was no need to replace it, and I did not bother to measure.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

64/67lo-boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23453
Tractors Owned: .
48 cub
67 loboy
52 super c
74 cub 154
50 c

Postby 64/67lo-boy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm

Landreo go ahead and post the exact dimentions if you can. I am surprised that this has not already been covered on this forum. I searched but I could not find it talked about. I cant seem to find them any were on the net. Seems to afull hard to find. And the case dealers on line dont seem to have them either. The few that do have them want an arm and a leg and then shipping is about eight bucks. Funny the bearings I ordered only cost four bucks to ship and they weigh alot more. I just dont understand why the price would be so high, unless it is a dwindeling suply.

Maybe Im just cheep, but I work hard for my dollers and I want them to work hard for me.
Pete from Virginia Beach

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:59 pm

You could measure the hole diameter in the crankshaft and the pilot shaft diameter.

Once you have the measurements stop by your nearest industrial supply, machine shop, well stocked hardware store, or tractor/implement dealership. Just guessing, it's a standard bushing.

Another guess, cheaper to buy the correct bushing than to have one manufactured.
I have an excuse. CRS.

muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66839

Postby muleboss » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm

You can make them. I found some brass bushings with the correct ID ( do not remember what it was) and turned them down to correct OD. Good way to spend a cold afternoon. Made cheap bushing and they do work. I had a new one from IH that I used to get sizes .

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E

Postby Landreo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am

3/4 inch long, 0.375 ID, 0.437 OD, looks like oillite but may be just brass or bronze.

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 am

If those are the dimensions (which I am certain they are), 3/8 x 7/16 x 3/4 then the number for that Oilite bushing is AA-432-3. They are 0.62 cents each.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

Return to “Farmall Cub”