arrrrrrgg, another split

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

arrrrrrgg, another split

Postby coppersmythe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:38 pm

piddling with the '50 cub ( my first , seems like yesterday ) a few days ago , the clutch started making that "odd" sound we all love to hear. then a quick loud clang/clank/grrrrrrrrrr noise i had never heard before . in the past i could usually limp back . not this time . the finger sheared off at the cast base . the cast iron part itself broke. i did the split fandango today and found the pieces stuck to the goo inside the torque tube :shock: . one of the other "mounts" that the fingers connect to had a bit of a crack as well . they were adjusted fine, i guess it was metal fatigue ? anyway , took my time and used the boss hogg repair technique (thanks boss) for the adjustment screws , shes back running like a champ . i think shes my strongest runner . if i could just get yogie to give up some of his tricks i might just have a tug contender :lol: see ya'll, coppersmythe.....................................................
coppersmythe
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 70785
Tractors Owned: '50 high altitude cub , '48 trimmed dash high crop cub, '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy , cub-6 toolbar, mowers, 54 blade, disc.
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Farmall Cub