This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sediment Bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JRICK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29325
Skype Name: JRICK
Tractors Owned: 1940 Allis Chalmers WC
1949 Farmall Cub "Haydee Bug"
1960 Massey Ferguson Diesel Deluxe
1950 Allis Chalmers "B"
1980 Power King Model 1616
1991 400A Belarus
1952 Massey Harris Pony
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sediment Bowl

Postby JRICK » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

Hey guys thanks for all the information,it was a big help...I had seen the inlet screen for the Ford model T before and O'reilly's couldn't get it ,but Steiner has them and that was the first thing I did with this bowl was install the screen.I had to wrap the base with aluminum foil to make a snug fit.I did the same on another tractor about a year ago and it is working fine...My packing on the shut off valve needs more attention,tightened it and helped.Someone mentioned the bowl not being even.I looked at that one of the times I removed the bowl,it did look uneven but didn't register.I will go back and see for sure.I couldn't find a 3/8 ball valve in this small town on a Sunday,but i'll own two before the day is over...Cub Guy47 thanks for the Napa number I'll pay them a visit too....Thanks to all for your input..Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

One major problem with the ball valve and fuel filter deal is that you'll be back in a day or two because your cub is starving for fuel... The fuel filters commonly available are either for tiny weedwacker engines or pumped fuel systems, not gravity flow.

Also if you have an underslung exhaust this type of set-up is a big no-no. You've got that hot exhaust pipe and a RUBBER hose that has to run right close to it... Heat melts rubber.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:One major problem with the ball valve and fuel filter deal is that you'll be back in a day or two because your cub is starving for fuel... The fuel filters commonly available are either for tiny weedwacker engines or pumped fuel systems, not gravity flow.
I have not had a problem obtaining gravity flow fuel filters. Local auto parts store carries them is several different sizes and case materials.

I use the gravity flow fuel filters on 25 horse power and larger engines, no problems.

Manufacturers have been known to install inline fuel filters on metal lines.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”