Cole Planter Resto

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am

I believe I have it ready for a trail run.

Re: Cole Planter Resto

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am

Nice work what color green did you use?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:20 am

Looks good. Too pretty to get dirty. Does the fertilizer fall into the furrow or to one side? Just curious. Good job on the planter.

Billy

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 am

Kelly Green is what's recommended, but I haven't found that color in the normal retail stores around here. Hunter green is what I used.
The fertilizer should fall into the furrow made by the small disc and not into the seed trench.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 am

Looks great Harold, I remember the pile of parts in your truck at DSCF
Tim

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:33 am

Harold,
Your planter looks really good. I have a question about the latch on your fast hitch. Is that a replacement goose neck style that is offered for sale on ebay and other places, or is it original as far as you know? I need to buy one and just wondering about the new ones.
Paul

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 am

Wow, that is sweet. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am

Harold:

Very nice job on the Cole restoration :applause: I like it. Looks ready for that test run :)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 am

tst wrote:Looks great Harold, I remember the pile of parts in your truck at DSCF
Tim

I, too, remember the bit/parts/pieces in the pickup bed. I trust that it will work as well as it looks.

Bill

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am

I have a question about the latch on your fast hitch. Is that a replacement goose neck style that is offered for sale on ebay and other places, or is it original as far as you know?

It's the original as far as I know.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 am

Lookin good Harold. Glad to see you've got it ready to try out

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Harold, on your fast-hitch if I'm seeing correctly, the "knuckles" on each end of your pullbar support shaft are installed upside down. If the grease zerks are pointing down they are reversed. When installed correctly they are stronger as the bar is pushing down on the mounting pins rather than pulling down.. You will also gain a little more lift on your hitch. It is common to see this if the fast-hitch has been disassembled for painting. Simply undo the pins and rotate the "knuckles" on the threaded bar.

My last fast-hitch tractor acquisition just didn't look right and it bothered me for quite some time until it was sitting next to my other FH Cub, Rusty. It didn't take long then to see the difference and change it over. :headbang In fact I had to look at the below picture to determine which one was right.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Looks nice Harold, what are you planting?

Bob

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm

on your fast-hitch if I'm seeing correctly, the "knuckles" on each end of your pullbar support shaft are installed upside down.

Well I never noticed that before, but you're right.....I have them reversed for some odd reason, and yes it could stand to pick up a little higher....thanks for catching that. I plan on planting corn, zipper peas, okra and squash. I'll have to hand plant the squash though.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Looks to be a great resto! Be sure to tell us how well it works!

BTW: How big is your garden?