Re: My Restoration of Rex '48 - #21005

Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Back on 4 Wheels - May not be charging - But at least it's off of jack stands.

IMG_4017 (600x800).jpg

IMG_4018 (800x600).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Ken,
Just watched your video. Congratulations!!! Doesn't that feel amazing to see one running again after it's been in a hundred pieces.

Hey, I noticed in you video, just when you pushed the kill switch, the ammeter was reading negative, then went to zero. Is there a chance your ammeter is just wired backwards, and it actually is charging? Just something to check before you go through too many hoops. Sometimes the obvious things are the easiest to overlook.

Good luck,
Bill

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:34 am

gitractorman wrote:Ken,
Just watched your video. Congratulations!!! Doesn't that feel amazing to see one running again after it's been in a hundred pieces.

Hey, I noticed in you video, just when you pushed the kill switch, the ammeter was reading negative, then went to zero. Is there a chance your ammeter is just wired backwards, and it actually is charging? Just something to check before you go through too many hoops. Sometimes the obvious things are the easiest to overlook.

Good luck,
Bill

Bill - it had been wired backwards, because when you first pulled it out it went positive :D - Did all the tests sent by John and the one by Tim (TST) - it seems the Generator needs to take a truck ride. :D

Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:52 pm

A simply amazing project. Thanks for sharing.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Have to say this is a great thread :worthy:. My 12 yr old son and I are buying a 48 cub to restore not sure we will get this in depth lol but you have gave me a lot to think about thanks for posting

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Smcgath wrote:Have to say this is a great thread :worthy:. My 12 yr old son and I are buying a 48 cub to restore not sure we will get this in depth lol but you have gave me a lot to think about thanks for posting

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoy posting. Start your own restoration thread - I'm taking this winter off :D

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Lol you deserve the winter off. I definitely will already have stuff we need to fix and don't even have it in the garage yet