Finally got up the nerve to get bat the hood for Rex '48 . I had worked on it extensively on the back half. The Friendly folks at the the NE Cub Fest Welded up the brackets and made some repairs almost a year ago now.
Since this is the part of the tractor ya'll will see first I guess I put it off till last. Painting all the parts was easy - this one makes me nervous as it's SOOOOOO VISIBLE. Anyways yesterday I did;
1. Some metal bumping on the last dent.
2. Sanded the inside of the hood
3. Sanded the scratches out of the primer.
4. Filled the weld marks with Aluminized Filler
5. Using standard filler (FUZION) - I filled the pitting in the very front of the hood - sanded that off....
6. Primed the inside of the hood with Sandable Filling Primer
7. Primed the outside with Sandable Primer.
8. I also painted the inside of the rims to seal the primer - Thanks Rob in NH
9. I cleaned the gasket area from the painted head down to bare metal.
Now she sits to dry in the sauna that is our weather. Pics below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.