This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

wigle hoeing attachment

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Re: wigle hoeing attachment

Postby smallfarm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:02 pm

You've done it now! I had to look this stuff up myself! (I hate to do all the screen time)
On Utube look for "Alternative Cultivators for Organic Vegetable Production" there is a computer controlled spinning weeder shown early in the video. The lady said it is a till-it by Garfield in England.COOL!!! If you do big time production it looks much better than the Wigle Hoe. The nursery business is like 200 to 1000 category 0 farms (1 acre plots) strung together, and nobody wants to change the way we always did it despite the changing of the economics. You just can't get a herd kids to hoe a couple hundred acres. Standard row lenght around here is 600' so I know how many miles I walk a day.

So far the historical associations in Berrien County have been polite but lacking helpfull information. The US Jack Company (what Auto Spec. Man. Co. has become) sent a high resolution copy of the same info TM has. If need be, I'll walk the old dividers arround the pictures based on some known measurments and try my best to interpolate the angle of the drawing. It has been my past experiance that sales flyers, artist renderings of products are visually pleasing, but unreliable when applied to the real world of bending tin. If this item is rare like you say I would like to make every effort to make an historically accurate Cub mounting kit. I did figure out that the two "Z" pieces are part of the Ford or Ferguson two row mount shown at the bottom right of the second page. Interesting since I think there is a cultivator arround the farm that looks like one in the picture. I'll check it out tomorow to see if anything is hanging on it.
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Here's some early patent info (which is more interesting than helpful for what you're doing): http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1858652.pdf

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Here's some early patent info (which is more interesting than helpful for what you're doing): http://www.freepatentsonline.com/1858652.pdf Bob
I figured wigle hoe was a misspelling of wiggle hoe since you would be constantly wiggling your hoes back and forth. Who woulda thunk it was actually named after the inventor Everett Wigle of Kingsville Ontario Canada. Then again I guess those long cold winters cooped up in the house in Canada will make your mind do and come up with strange things.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:14 am

Kingsville is actually just a little north of Point Pelee which is the southernmost point in Canada and they don't get a whole heck of a lot of snow compared to the rest of the country. Kingsville is in the heart of Ontario's farm country ... pretty amazing place actually.

Nice to see Mr. Wigle was a Canuck -- :{_}: we gots some pretty smart fellas up here :!: :wink:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”