This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacement ID plate, Canton cubfest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jdbfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 76502

Replacement ID plate, Canton cubfest

Postby Jdbfish » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello everyone. We Are planning on attending the Canton, TX cubfest and need some help. Wondering if anyone will be there who makes engraved ID tags. Somehow ours got lost during our rebuild. I was also unable to get 2 rivets that hold the tag out. Was wondering if maybe someone there could help us get the old rivets out. And a new tag installed along with helping us put all of our new decals on? Not sure where they all go so help would be appreciated...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Replacement ID plate, Canton cubfest

Postby tst » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:07 pm

take a look at tm tractor decal section, they show locations
Tim

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

As far as I know, the only engraved reproduction tags come from:
Nancy L. Diener, 1287 Woodruff Pl., Morgantown, WV 26505 and phone no. 304-599-4027

Some other suppliers, like OEM, have repros that they will stamp with a number. They are not inexpensive from any source. The main difficulty in removing the pins is to try to not damage the plate. One method is to put a narrow slot in a putty knife and pry them out. If your plate is off, you can usually get them out with vise-grips or drill them out.

We can take a shot at helping on both questions at Canton.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:36 am

i just did that very thing last night . i had a "junk" bolster i did first . i tried popping the head off with a chisel and hammer , and no matter how carefully i tried , i boogered up the corners . the next one was the serial number plate to one i wanted to keep , i tapped the top of the rivets with a hammer to put a flat spot on it , took a sheet metal scribe and put a small dimple in the center . that gave a good way to drill without slipping off center , 1/8 drill bit and made a mark on the bit with a sharpy so i would not drill too deep . worked great . tedious though. coppersmythe.....................................

Return to “Farmall Cub”