This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'48 trimmed dash high and wide

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: '48 trimmed dash high and wide

Postby coppersmythe » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 am

yogie , you know things in the deep south can be a bit fast and loose . guys , thanks for all the info and ideas . upon looking at it closer yesterday its not too bad . one thing i did not mention and should have, the original '48 bolster that came with it was like john was talking about, it had a freeze HEAVE . a straight edge across the radiator mounting surface touched it in the middle , and had a gap at the edge about 1/2" on each end of the mounting surface. i had another bolster that was an "S" casting that looked good. all the mounting holes were fine, even the dog leg holes . then i started cleaning with the sidegrinder wirewheel , and the weld showed up . its probably a bit silly , but i want to do this one with the extra effort put in to her, it will be the only one i build , more than likely . i wasnt too keen on using the "S" , so the weld sealed its fate . i'd really like to get a 5-( )-R cast date bolster or a few months either way . more pictures today , i'll be able to slip down to the shop for a few hours today , thanks again guys, coppersmythe.........................................one other aspect , all the cast codes "match", within a few months , i just gotta try to find one. :D :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”