Re: Who's plowing????

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey Blair,
I got ya, my brother and family moved to New Hampshire and his license plate is "Wntr rules". Snowmobiling, skiing, snow boarding, ice fishing and winter target shooting keep them very happy. Trying to talk them into getting a Cub. Hasn't happened...yet!! Am slowly brainwashing 12 year old Alexander.

Chris

I am expecting more posts after this weekend...keep them coming. Lots of great updates and pictures!

Re: Who's plowing????

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 pm

CapeCodCubs wrote:Hey Blair,
I got ya, my brother and family moved to New Hampshire and his license plate is "Wntr rules". Snowmobiling, skiing, snow boarding, ice fishing and winter target shooting keep them very happy. Trying to talk them into getting a Cub. Hasn't happened...yet!! Am slowly brainwashing 12 year old Alexander.

Chris

I am expecting more posts after this weekend...keep them coming. Lots of great updates and pictures!


Chris, can a man with 2 left feet, like you, ski? :lol: :lol: Ed

Re: Who's plowing????

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Plowed new areas yesterday, disced old and new today. Sure is nice having a fast hitch disc. I think I'll hit it a few more times before we actually plant anything.
We did put our seedlings that have been in the kitchen out in the cold frame.
Good luck to everyone getting there spring crops and gardens in.
We are sure looking forward to putting up some goods this year.

Oh, I got to use all 3 Cubs in the last 2 days, good seat time, I couldn't do half of this work without my Cubs.

Thackery

Re: Who's plowing????

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:
CapeCodCubs wrote:Hey Blair,
I got ya, my brother and family moved to New Hampshire and his license plate is "Wntr rules". Snowmobiling, skiing, snow boarding, ice fishing and winter target shooting keep them very happy. Trying to talk them into getting a Cub. Hasn't happened...yet!! Am slowly brainwashing 12 year old Alexander.

Chris

I am expecting more posts after this weekend...keep them coming. Lots of great updates and pictures!


Chris, can a man with 2 left feet, like you, ski? :lol: :lol: Ed


I can ski and skate like a demon,Ed...but these days I eat donuts...everyday I buy lots of donuts! Really tasty donuts! Tomorrow I am splitting a Cub, and I have donuts. Feel free to stop by and offer opinions on setting the clutch fingers.
Thackery wrote:Plowed new areas yesterday, disced old and new today. Sure is nice having a fast hitch disc. I think I'll hit it a few more times before we actually plant anything.
We did put our seedlings that have been in the kitchen out in the cold frame.
Good luck to everyone getting there spring crops and gardens in.
We are sure looking forward to putting up some goods this year.

Oh, I got to use all 3 Cubs in the last 2 days, good seat time, I couldn't do half of this work without my Cubs.

Thackery
Awesome!

Re: Who's plowing????

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

Well, when you posted this a little over a week ago I shook my head and laughed. Well since then we've had steady 10-15 mph wind and temps 40-65 degrees. I was at the auto parts store yesterday and heard one of the old farmers saying he was going to plow tomorrow, so I went home and walked my fields and thought "Dang, I better drop the plow and see." I hooked up the plow and made a pass in the 1 acre vegetable field. The soil was perfect texture ! I was amazed ! I'll be plowing today til I'm out of gas.

Re: Who's plowing????

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I plowed a small plot at my sons house this afternoon. Turned over sod with a 193. It sure looks ugly, but rain is on the way and then he will take the troybilt to it.

Re: Who's plowing????

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

I'd fall plowed, so just needed to disk down the garden.
We ran the disk across it to smooth t up enough to haul manure on it, then again after spreading.

Here's my oldest boy on the '77:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCxgYBB ... ata_player

We planted taters, onions, peas, and carrots last weekend.

Re: Who's plowing????

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Nice looking Cub and kids.

Thanks for sharing your video.