Switch to full style
Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Forum rules

Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Post a reply

Re: A Bit of Cub Flare for Serial #21005

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:00 pm

If you are looking for a cheap chrome straight pipe, slip a piece of chrome drain pipe over the straight pipe. Make the straight pipe about 1 inch shorter than the chrome piece and it looks great.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Alan Riley wrote:Personally, I don't even like to see shiny paint on a tractor. It just doesn't look natural.

:thumbsup:

Finally somebody who thinks like me ! When I go to a tractor or truck show, I want to see things that work for a living. That's me, but if others like the "look at me" style, as long as they're happy, I'm happy.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm

OMG - This is a titillating conversation at best. I never realized he PASSION........That being said- I'll thank ya'll for the feedback/CONFUSION caused....let's keep it going t set some kind of a record - Rudi - come'on man weigh in.....here....

Ken

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Ken,

You may not have realized the passion some of us have, however, you are beginning to show some serious symptoms of Cub Accumulitus. I'm looking forward to meeting a new accumulator. :lol: :lol:

Bill

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:35 pm

All but one of my Cubs has an underslung exhaust. I just leave them the way they are, generally the intake is still the color of the tractor and the other half is more rust color.

Forgot I did use the 'header' paint on the 50. It seems to hold up well enough. This Cub mostly sits around looking good... Not sure I would use the silver again, but it was some nasty before I painted it. The down side of an underslung exhaust is the fuel line is much harder to bend for it.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm

pvf1799 wrote:Rudi - come'on man weigh in.....here....

Ken:

All I can say on the bling side of things is that Ellie when she goes to shows wears only a few pieces of special bling.

• My Hydraulic Blade project complete with a Rick Prentice by-pass block
  • My Splitter Project
  • Rick Prentice's Front Bolster tie-down and receiver
  • My Rick Prentice's Christmas Cub Step
  • My Christmas Muffler

The last two are very, very special to me as they were Christmas gifts back in 2004 whilst I was recovering from a sextuple by-pass. The folks in this community have always been very special to me, but since that period in my life, a number of them are not just special, not just friends, but more of my extended family, each of them know who they are This is a pic of one piece of bling Ellie will wear when I take her to shows or my own CubFests from now on it - as long as she isn't working.

Image Image

A special thanks to Mike for making this one up. A very beautiful work of art and one that I cherish deeply. You know who you is :D
Post a reply