Update on backhoe cub. Last week I tried to start it up and completely fried the wire harness since I had some wire around I made my own and with some trial and error (thanks Jim Becker) I got a weak spark and briefly ran it. Today with the day off I went and got a new coil hooked it up and got a nice blue spark. I got the hood back on (no easy process) primed the oil pump and it started right up with good oil pressure. Needs some (or more than some
) fine tuning but I drove it about 30 feet and back with no issue. Touch control and PTO seem to be working fine also. Next I need a couple of rear tires, new throttle control and a breather tube for the oil bath to start.