This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

question about the main spline

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmer.boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

question about the main spline

Postby farmer.boy » Tue May 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Hello,
I bought a used transmission spline and clutch shaft on ebay and am wondering if it is usable. The PTO end looks great but the other end I am wondering about. I wire brushed off the rust and see there is a lot of pitting on the area past the splines. How critical is this area?
Any advice on the usabiity of the part?
thanks
Stanley

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue May 17, 2005 12:58 pm

If you are refferring to the ara at the very end that is where the clutch pilot bushing runs and is critical. if you are refeering to the area between the clutch splines and the front transmission bearing, not critical at all, nothing touches it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”