Duel Wheel weight bolts

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 am

Does anyone know what length bolt is needed to put 2 sets of rear wheel weights on a cub? I don't want a bunch of excess left sticking out maybe a half inch at most.
Thanks!

Re: Dual Wheel weight bolts

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 am

1/2" x 6-1/4"

Re: Duel Wheel weight bolts

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks! Went to Home Depot and the dident have 6 1/4 inch but they had 6.5 so I got 8 of them now I just need to figure how to put them on. :shock:

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 am

wheelhorse656 wrote:I just need to figure how to put them on.

My bolts were threaded all the way to the head. Take out two short bolts and put in two long ones. Run nuts down all the way on the two long ones and tighten them. Then remove the other short bolts but don't put the other two long bolts in yet. Set your second set of weights in place and tighten them just a bit so they have wiggle room. Insert your other two long bolts and then tighten everything down.

I also have one set up using just two long bolts on the inner and outer weights and left two of the short bolts on holding the inner.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Barnyard wrote:
wheelhorse656 wrote:I just need to figure how to put them on.

My bolts were threaded all the way to the head. Take out two short bolts and put in two long ones. Run nuts down all the way on the two long ones and tighten them. Then remove the other short bolts but don't put the other two long bolts in yet. Set your second set of weights in place and tighten them just a bit so they have wiggle room. Insert your other two long bolts and then tighten everything down.

I also have one set up using just two long bolts on the inner and outer weights and left two of the short bolts on holding the inner.

I believe that's the way the parts manual calls out the bolt specs and quantities.

When I put the 1000 loader on the 140 this winter I was going to go that route. But when it got to finding and pricing 9" carriage bolts I changed my mind. Nobody stocks them around here and Fastenal wanted something like $11 per bolt. :shock: I just rigged up a way to bolt the second set on the drawbar.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:46 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:I believe that's the way the parts manual calls out the bolt specs and quantities.

Yep, it calls for a total of four bolts per set, two on each side. A lot easier to put on that way.