Creeper Gear

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 pm

I heard some cubs had a creeper gear and was wondering if you could put one in ,Or change transmissions with one that had a creeper gear .

Re: Creeper Gear

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Take a look at this. If you search this forum or in google all kinds of info in the forum come up.
I think this was orginally posted in 2009.

Ken

Airsoft Guy wrote:As long as the creeper works and doesn't have any problems $125 is a good deal. Before buying it make sure it is operational though.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Sorry - pasted the wrong quote. Here is the correct one.

wdeturck wrote:Image
That is the NF & wide frame creeper(the Original is a gear type creeper and only works on it) that is plantery gears. There is some difference in the NF and WF handles but I can't see it on the breakdowns. They can be bent and/or rework the slot to make work. That's a good price and if it's out you shold be able to feel if the gears are good. Never heard much trouble with these units. I think that handle extension isn't used on all of them so it may not be with it. Paul Bell knows more but he just had Gall bladder surgery and also is without electric. Get well Paul.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

The information above is for cub cadets. The under drive setup for a cub bolts to the axle housings and finals. Completely different setup.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh shucks - sorry all.....

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm

pvf1799 wrote:Oh shucks - sorry all.....

Hey, a big "Thumbs Up" for using the search function and stepping up, as you noted, tons of information at your finger tips! :big afro:

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:11 pm

This might be more helpful.

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=691985

Ken

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

viewtopic.php?t=51215&p=425962

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37 am

...or 2 for a really slow ride;

This is owned by Rhondell in NY.

Peter

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Peter,

Not to change the subject, but I have never noticed that the Customized Lo Boys had the finals turned backwards. Just proves you can learn something new everyday!

Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

There was a creeper gear attachment for the numbered Loboys (154, 185, 184) to use them with the snowblower and rototiller attachments. However, the drivetrain on those Loboys is very different from a classic Cub, and the creeper won't fit.

There is a Howard "Despeeder" attachment for Cubs and Loboys, which is a planetary gearbox that fits between the transmission and final drive. They are VERY rare, and often incomplete when you find them. They were typically included with the Howard Rotovator attachment, another rare item. The Howard Rotovator is nearly worthless without the despeeder attachment so they typically go hand-in-hand.

There is at least one more speed reducer similar to the Howard but I don't know offhand what it is called. I believe it's part of the trencher attachment, and has a gearbox for both sides of the transmission.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm

The Auburn Trencher's gear reduction was installed in between the torque tube and the transmission.