Sticker Shock

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

As most who know me, know that I am constantly l am constantly looking for Cub stuff on :eBay: be it Cub Owner's Manuals, Service Manuals, Implement Manuals or advertising stuff. I am always looking especially for really neat stuff that is unique or not common. Found one this week, been watching it but the prices really have been shocking. I did bid, but needless to say it went way past what I would be comfortable paying for an item like this.

You be the judge:
You didn't win this auction Winning bid: US $51.01 [ 20 bids ]

Image Image Image

Re: Sticker Shock

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 pm

For original literature I don't think that is too far out of touch Rudi, those items are getting harder to locate. 8)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Brian:

I know it really isn't all that high. But it sure is out of my reach. I am not all that well heeled, so I gotta watch me pennies. I do think though that it is getting overpriced though. Much of what appears on :eBay: ends up back on eBay for twice the price. Now mind you, this is coming from a guy who paid US $26.99 for this one :big give up:

Image Image

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:03 am

Rudi, I think you got the better deal. Yours at least has a value beyond something to hang on a wall in a dark room so it doesn't fade. I agree collectors are driving prices up and beyond my budget. I think this is true of all cub items including umplements. This is true of more than just cubs. Try pricing an older JD D. It wasn't I who bought the brochure or I'd send it to you for scanning. Vern

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

You have to admit, that literature looks to be in absolutely MINT condition in the pictures. Usually the paper is deteriorating, ink is faded, creases, wrinkles, bent corners, etc..

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am

Rudi, I have never seen that upholstered seat manual before, very cool, good catch there. 8)