This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Yesterdays auction outing.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48180
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub with
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Yesterdays auction outing.

Postby Criswell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 am

Went out to an auction yesterday with some Cubs listed as well as implements and parts. They also had a trailer full of literature and other ephemera and collectible IH items. The weather was not bad but it was definitely not good and there was a decent turn-out for the auction. Each of the cubs started and ran but each one had its own set of issues that would need to be dealt with. No cracks or breaks or repairs that could be seen on any of them, just oil, coolant and fuel leaks.

The '72 with the Fast-Hitch sold for $1,600. It started and ran well but had a wicked oil leak at the front and it also needed new rear tires. No implements with it, just the Fast-Hitch, front and rear weights and a drawbar.

The next one down the line was a '48 (serial number just under 13,000) and it went for $1,400. This one ran the best out of the 4 Cubs, It came with a set of cultivators, rear weights and had recently had the finals re-done. Also, this had new rear rims and tires.

Number three was either a '52 or '53 and sold for $1,600. This one needed to thave the bearings in the transmission replaced, as it sat and idled you could hear the bearings on the input shaft. It sounded like they were getting louder the longer it ran. The Woods deck that was on it looked to be in excellent condition.

The last one was also a '48 and sold for $1,100. This was the only one that did not have hydraulics, dut it did have the manual lift. The blade mounted on the Cub was missing the blocks in the bolster and the hanger bolt was just kind of laying in there. This one also came with a set of rear weights and the depth control lever for the plow that was sold later. You could stand and watch the cap on the magneto moving each time the rotor would hit it while it was running.

The implements included a grader blade (complete) $125, a set of cultivators with lift frame $125 (I think, I could not hear), a 193 plow with coulter and the wrong depth control lever $85, a pile of Woods mower parts including a new pulley for the PTO and 2 blade wrenches $50. 2 sickle bar mowers the one laying on the ground $47.50 and the one standing up $125, rear weights $80, Fast-Hitch disc I could not hear the final price but over $300, a Fast-Hitch plow that almost looked NOS $175 with coulter, and a Fast-Hitch Carry-All frame that you could still see the decals on $275.

The last thing was the manure spreader and that sold for $475. It looked solid with only a little bit of rust damage towards the front, but nothing really bad.

These were 2 items off of the trailer with the literature and "collectible" items, I thought I would include them just to show the prices. The rain gauge, about as big as a greeting card sold for $175 while the sockets sold for $210.

Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Yesterdays auction outing.

Postby Tezell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 am

Looks like that would have been the auction to go too.

Thanks for sharing.
"I ain't believing this!"

Chris D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23027

Postby Chris D » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:55 pm

I went to a auction 2 weeks ago that sold 3 cubs. Ranging in price from 275 to 650. All had major issues and some welds and broken blocks. Basically junk to me. Looks like your auctions are a lil better quality :D

Worksmart
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub
'64 Int'l Cub
'66 Int'l Cub
'76 Int'l Cub
'53 Farmall Super A
'03 Kubota BX22
‘19 Kubota L6060

Postby Worksmart » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks for posting Criswell. Looks like some reasonable prices for S.E. MI cub stuff.

It confirms I made the right choice to skip it and pick up the 100 spreader I posted about. I was only going to look for "extras" or parts as everything listed for the auction I already have. They didn't list the 22 mowers in the auction bill but that's o.k. I just picked up a parts mower a couple weeks ago.
Worksmart not hard!!

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Worksmart wrote:I was only going to look for "extras" or parts as everything listed for the auction I already have. They didn't list the 22 mowers in the auction bill but that's o.k. I just picked up a parts mower a couple weeks ago.

There were plenty of parts and extras that were not listed or shown in the auction flyer. The only problem is that most of the stuff was mixed in with a bunch of other parts/pieces from other tractors and spread out over three trailers. The fenders/chain guards for the spreader were sold earlier with a few other pieces of random sheetmetal (mostly "A"). I was able to pick up a few good items at pretty cheap prices. I was able to pick up a couple of sets of disc hillers (with the metal IH tags still on them) for $5 a set.

There was a planter and fertilizer that was in pieces and was spread out over the three different trailers they had outside (the trailer with all the "collectibles" was inside), I bought all the parts that I could see. I would say it is about 90-95% complete, all-told I think I spent a little over $40 on the planter/fertilizer because it was a piece here and then a piece there. I don't know if no one saw it or they just didn't put all of the parts together in their mind.

In the one photo you can see an A with a mower deck on it, the tractor sold for $1,100 and it was being sold with a cracked block. There were plenty of parts for that tractor that went fo sale earlier.
Where you are, right now, is of absolutly no use unless you are able to get away from it, FAST!

kthomas
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64870
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub

Postby kthomas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Wow, talk about a kid in a candy store!! That's my kind of auction!!!

KT
1950 Cub...1951 Super C

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:40 am

That 72 looks pretty good! Fast hitch stuff is pretty scarce but worthwhile.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

oldiron1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby oldiron1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I never see auctions like that in my neck of the woods, but for the sake of my checking account, it's probably good that I don't!

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Criswell, thanks for posting the pictures and descriptions (prices) of the auction. Auctions are fun, sometimes you can score a bargin, other times not. It appears several people were bidding (or at least wanted) the Cubs, since they all sold over $1000.

Thanks again!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Criswell
10+ Years
10+ Years
- 54 Blade
- 193 Moldboard Plow
- Woods 59 C-2 mower

Postby Criswell » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:03 pm

All-in-all it was a good auction. The prices were good (cheap) on somethings and a lot of stuff brought what they should have, not cheap or high but a good price. There was one item on the trailer of collectilbles that I was interested in:

This ended up around $200. The only reason that I was interested in it was because of the fact that it is from the Case/IH dealer that I go to for parts (still in business, same location). I liked it and thought it was neat, but not $200 worth of neat. I will have to ask them next time I go in if they still have any laying around.

Worksmart
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub
'64 Int'l Cub
'66 Int'l Cub
'76 Int'l Cub
'53 Farmall Super A
'03 Kubota BX22
‘19 Kubota L6060

Postby Worksmart » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:34 pm

We've purchased 3 Kubotas and get some of my Cub stuff from Carleton Farm Supply. Our relationship goes back about 15 years with them. Good people!
Worksmart not hard!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”