Re: Electrical Decision

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Thank you. I will be glad to add pictures. It may take me a day or two. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:48 pm

I applied to be set up on photohost a day or so ago. As soon as I get set up I will post pictures. While I am waiting for that to take place could someone tell me if you are looking at the diagram that Rudi posted in this posting, is the left wire connection point on the ammeter positive and the right connection point negative? Also can someone explain, if the firing order of the Cub is 1, 3, 4 and 2 why do the wires, moving clockwise on the magneto go 1, 4, 3 and 2 as shown in an electrical diagram, in the manuals above, for a Cub with 6 bolt mageto ignition for serial numbers 210,000 and below?

Wed May 01, 2013 10:28 pm

I have not had any luck adding pictures. I am going to have to do some more reading to figure out what I am doing wrong. I did however find the answer to my question of wiring the the generator and regulator. Per John Brillman, the wire that was running between the "F" on the generator and "F" on the regulator was necessary on Cubs that did not have lights. Apparently the lights on my Cub were an afterthought. My Cub is completely wired now and I cranked it for the first time in 8 years today. I am down to the hood and I need to find a good sheet metal man to repair several rips, bows and dents.

Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 pm

48Beacon wrote:I did however find the answer to my question of wiring the the generator and regulator. Per John Brillman, the wire that was running between the "F" on the generator and "F" on the regulator was necessary on Cubs that did not have lights.

I told you that in my previous post almost a week ago.

Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Yes you did. Sorry for my oversight.