Normal tire mounting??

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I bought 2 cubs this winter that were pretty beat up and neglected. I’m trying to get them back into working order. Between the 4 rear tires no 2 are the same. some have center hubs dished in some dished out, some with the square lugs on the outside of the center some inside, some tires going forward some backward. I am going to standardize them and replace one bald one. I know you can switch it out for crop spacing but what is "normal" from the factory? Thanks, Gus.

Re: Normal tire mounting??

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

gusbratz wrote:What is "normal" from the factory?
Tires, rims, front axle, would probably have been installed at their narrowest setting in the factory. Simply as a space saver for shipping and temporary storage.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm

something like this....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I use 44" setting for garden work and wider on the other Cub for mowing. Check owners manual for how to set up. Rudi has one on the server.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:33 am

Yea, standard from the factory was the narrowest setting, just to save space when shipping. That has always seemed too narrow for me, so I always set mine up one notch out, however I do not typically do any plowing or cultivator work with mine. If you're actually working the cub, there are specific settings and reasons for those settings depending on the task.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am

I believe I remember a topic and several posts about a year ago, where there was a request for information and pictures of the different spacing set-ups for the Cub. That would be some good information for you if you could find that thread.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 am

i am planning on plowing and cultivating with the one cub, then mowing and pulling wagons and misc work with the other.