More Carb problems

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Well, I thought that I had my carb all set to remount on the CUB after cleaning, getting the choke unstuck, and putting in a new float. Now I discovered that the long brass tube that goes from the top casting to the bottom casting parallel to the float is broken off and I have NO IDEA how to get it out. Was looking forward to getting the CUB running, but not sure how to handle this issue.

Baldwindiesel

Re: More Carb problems

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:28 pm

That's the idle tube. The threaded end is in the top of the carb and is where the calibrated orifice is. Your carb will most likely run okay with it broken. If you want to remove and replace it, the threaded end is 4-48. The long piece should be sprayed for several days prior to removing it. Sometimes you can pull them out, often they must be carefully drilled out.

Bob

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Bob:
Thank you ! I will put it on the CUB and give it a try. Hopefully I will at least get it running and can IRON out the little carb problems later.

Baldwindiesel

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 pm

baldwindiesel wrote:Hopefully I will at least get it running and can IRON out the little carb problems later.

If it runs okay and you want to replace the tube later bring it on down to the Bash the end of May and we can get it out.