This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Local enthusiasts and venues?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
oldnrusty2
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12561

Local enthusiasts and venues?

Postby oldnrusty2 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:00 am

Howdy folks... I'm brand new here, so.... let me start off by apologizing for any blunders I'll no doubt be making!
I just got here out of basic ignorance and necessity- I've got a Farmall Cub that I'm going to need to dispose of in the near future, and I'm not really involved in either a hobby or a profession that has kept me informed about it.
I believe it's either a 1953, or possibly '52 - my dad always told me it was purchased in '53. My grandfather and father used it on a small farm, and later my dad used it for some mowing and plowing. Now they're gone, and things must be dispersed.
So, I was hoping somebody could help me out by pointing me towards some local establishment that might be a gathering place for enthusiasts, or, toward an individual(s) who might be nearby, so I could learn more about how to sell it to somebody who'd actually care about it. I have it stored in the New Paltz, NY vicinity - that's mid-Hudson Valley, not far from Poughkeepsie or Kingston.
I hate the idea of just having "anybody" haul it away, or trying to approach the generalized nature of the Craigslist venue...

Again, this type of information may be either unavailable, or -obvious- to regular forum participants...... so if my question seems inappropriate, I am, again, sorry.

Thanks for any pointers you can share!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Local enthusiasts and venues?

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:27 am

A shame you didn't post this yesterday. You could have been in Valatie today.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76260

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:42 pm

G'day to you :D

I would suggest that you send Cecil a PM and arrange to visit him. He can give you all the information that you need to successfully find a good home for your family Cub. In the meantime you may want to peruse some of the information that we have available to our members - lots of good resources ...

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi oldnrusty2, i sent you a personal message, I am close by to you, welcome to the forum
Tim

Return to “Farmall Cub”