This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

#$@! Woods Casters - There's TWO lengths!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

#$@! Woods Casters - There's TWO lengths!

Postby allenlook » Wed May 18, 2005 7:35 pm

OK, now I admit to being baffled for a while until I pored over the (newly found) manuals on this one.

It appears I've got a mid-model C-1 model Woods L59 (which for our Cubs, remember, works like a *regular* 59, discharging to the right), but it appears there are newer C-2 model casters on it.

Originally the casters attached by 3 bolts onto the top of the deck, but somehow my deck is a newer edition, and takes the casters through two holes on the raised member along the center of the deck.

I mounted my casters thus - and they swing back and hit the deck, they won't rotate all the way around!

Apparently, there's two different lengths of arms on these here casters, 29746(a) and 29747(a) are 13-5/32" long, and 6761(a) and 18424(a) are 16-5/32" long!

Guess I need to round up some longer arms or put the casters back on the outer edges of the deck where they don't really do any good since I've already got the skid plates on the outside of the deck...

Or maybe I can find someone to machine up some parts that will extend them and save me the trouble of buying a set of longer caster arms.

#@$! :evil:
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”