Rear Axle Nut, RH Seal-Ring

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi all, is this just a standard o-ring that I can purchase at the local hardware store or is there something special about it. This is "Wanted", but was unsure whether to post it here or there.....

Ken

Re: Rear Axle Nut, RH Seal-Ring

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Is this the item you are referring to:?

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/fr/364fp.htm

Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

That would be the one - I've been over that list on paper till I'm blurry eyed and did not see it.

Thanks so much....

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 pm

O-rings are made from a variety of materials. Here is one simple guideline that will usually get you to an OK choice.

Hardware stores have o-rings in the plumbing department and they are intended to seal water. Auto parts stores have o-rings intended to seal oil. All you have to consider is what liquid you are trying to contain.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:59 am

I generally recommend buying from site SPONSORS, since they SPONSOR this site, for us. Might cost a few cents more, but we need this site! Ed

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 am

Ed, I was up till 1 AM - Filling in the order form for TM. When I posted this - I had missed that they even carried that part. TM's going to be able to take the rest of the month off after this order goes in.... :big smile: My local parts store has been good for some things - but it's taking FOREVER. I agree we need to support site sponsors and other members....as much as possible.

Let me know if you find a corn grinder - Dad asked me about it again yesterday. :big smile: - Remind me to thank you later for bringing that to Cecil's.

Ken