This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First Cub Clutch Job - Where to Start?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
oldiron1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: First Cub Clutch Job - Where to Start?

Postby oldiron1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Good News and Bad News I guess:

After an afternoon of adjusting, I got all 3 fingers where they need to be and adjusted the clutch pedal as well. While it's a little better, the grinding is still there I'm I'm not totally sure why.....the TOB seems to have a lot of meat left on it, fingers are adjusted, pedal is adjusted and when I pull the pedal by hand, I can clearly see the TOB pushing against the fingers and the pressure plate being pulled back taking the pressure off of the disk.

The only thing that doesn't look quite right to me is all of the knicks in the TOB. When I start the engine up and proceed to push the clutch pedal in, I can hear and feel the clutch chatter,but then when I continue to push the pedal further, the chatter goes away. When looking from the bottom, I can tell that the TOB isn't quite centered on the fingers as Rick advised to look for....by hand, I can move the TOB hanger both ways slightly. Is there a way / how can I tighten up the hanger? Is there a way to tighten the hanger from the bottom through the inspection hole?

Although, the adjusting today didn't result as well as I was hoping, it was a beautiful day outside today and still felt great to take Lydia for a ride around the block. :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Denny Clayton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 am

Rob, a couple more things you might try. Engage the pto lever and see if the drag of the transmission slows the shaft down. Also, your shaft may be dragging with the pilot bushing. Tape a couple squirt straws together from your favorite penetrant/lube. Reach the straws up in front of your pressure plate and get some spray up toward the pilot bushing. It was a good cure for one of mine.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

oldiron1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby oldiron1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks Denny, I really appreciate the suggestions; both I'll try.

Return to “Farmall Cub”