Side Dressers

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 am

What are the differences between the side dresser for a Cub and the side dresser for the Super A, 100, 130, 140 ? I looked at the information I could find online and it appears the 101 is for the larger tractors and the 101A is for the Cub. I have found what I think is most likely a 101 for the larger tractors. I wondered if the 101 and 101A share many parts and if the 101 can be adapted to a Cub.

Re: Side Dressers

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 am

Super A unit is just bigger, bolt spacing/orientation keep it from attaching to a Cub as well as the Super A unit runs off the left wheel and the Cub runs off the right.

Al

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:20 am

Hoppers are the only thing that are the same. I did however see my grandpa make an adapter plate and bolt a cub sidedresser on a super A. He used it for years and it worked fine all the years he raised tobacco. He sold the tractor and I removed the side dresser and sold it but don't know what ever happened to the brackets. Best of my memory it was just flat steel with different bolt holes drilled to match the wider bolt pattern of the Super A. The chains lined up ok.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am

That's interesting because I have a Super A side dresser that's new, or nearly new.