Shop...lets see yours...pics

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi guys..Received a lot of nice comments on my shop while showing pics of my 1958 project..Thank You... Believe me, my first family Cub restoration was done with virtually no shop, outdoors, with just a workbench. So don't be shy..We've all been there..I would like to share a tour of my workshop that took me 20 years to save up for and build...LOVE to see yours..big or small..organized or not...My Best...Tom

Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image,
Last edited by Tractorboy3 on Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 am

Tom,
Your shop / man cave looks really good, and your cub project is looking great also. My shop is just an old tractor shed with gravel floor, it's a good place to hide out and work on stuff.
Paul

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 am

Tom, do a search "Cub house shop photos" Lot of pictures there. I am having trouble linking it up.

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 am

Nice looking shop, bI wish I could keep mine that clean.

Here is the link to many others that Mike referred to. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66914&hilit=house+shop+photos

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Barnyard wrote:Nice looking shop, bI wish I could keep mine that clean.

Here is the link to many others that Mike referred to. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66914&hilit=house+shop+photos


Thanks for then link..Sorry didn't mean to duplicate an existing post..A lot of great workshops there ...Love to see them all..

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Tractorboy3 wrote:..Sorry didn't mean to duplicate an existing post...

Don't worry about the duplication. That's a good way to refresh a subject. Many of the new guys may not have seen the old post and others may want to show their's.

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 pm

As soon as we finish our house this summer, I am hoping to pick up enough beer cans on the side of the road to afford my own personal patch of concrete.....never had the luxury of a "real" shop! I want about a 36x48, if my budget can handle it. Probably end up building it in stages.

Al

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Super A wrote:As soon as we finish our house this summer, I am hoping to pick up enough beer cans on the side of the road to afford my own personal patch of concrete.....never had the luxury of a "real" shop! I want about a 36x48, if my budget can handle it. Probably end up building it in stages.

Al


You can never have too many tractors, and you can never have too large of shop. Our shop is 40 by 48 with one side shed 16 by 40 and on the other side is a 16 by 40 side shed that has been stretched another 40 by 22 feet, O and it has a hay loft 40 by 16. The dang thing is not large enough!!

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Way to neat, I'm lucky if I can find what I'm looking half the time in my shop. Mowing season is here now and all the cub stuff is pushed to the side to get the mowers in. Hope to get back to the Cubs when school lets out June 1 and mowing will only take 3 days of my week not every night and weekend like it is now.

I hope to clean mine up while it rains here the rest of the week.

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Mine looks pretty similar, but much smaller and a lot more Cub parts.... so I couldn't waste any space on Cub Cadets or Corvettes :lol: Heck, I don't even have room for a chair.

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Wed May 01, 2013 7:59 am

cottonpicker wrote:
Super A wrote:As soon as we finish our house this summer, I am hoping to pick up enough beer cans on the side of the road to afford my own personal patch of concrete.....never had the luxury of a "real" shop! I want about a 36x48, if my budget can handle it. Probably end up building it in stages.

Al


You can never have too many tractors, and you can never have too large of shop. Our shop is 40 by 48 with one side shed 16 by 40 and on the other side is a 16 by 40 side shed that has been stretched another 40 by 22 feet, O and it has a hay loft 40 by 16. The dang thing is not large enough!!



My ultimate goal is to add lean-to's to each side of it, for stuff that just needs a roof over its head. There is no doubt if I were to build a shop the size of a tobacco warehouse or an airplane hangar, within 6 months it would be so full you couldn't even walk in it.

There is a man in our community, he ran a garage at his home. He is the best mechanic I have ever seen, particularly on older, bigger equipment. His shop is crammed full. When he was younger and his shop filled up, he would just add on another wing!

I was over at our new house yesterday checking out the drywall work. I am not sure but I believe I can squeeze the Cub or a Super A in the garage and still have room for our vehicles! :big smile:

Al

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 am

This is fun. I never saw all these cool shop pictures until now. Not sure which thread to post mine? Maybe we could merge threads?

Image
The doublewide trailer house is my woodworking shop

Image
For years everytime I mentioned wanting to build a shop my wife would frown at the thought of spending the money

Image
I finally came up with the idea of offering to build her a real house

Image
She didn't mind spending the money on a new house at all!

Image
That freed up our old house for a work shop

Image
One of my shop helpers

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Super A wrote:
cottonpicker wrote:
Super A wrote:As soon as we finish our house this summer, I am hoping to pick up enough beer cans on the side of the road to afford my own personal patch of concrete.....never had the luxury of a "real" shop! I want about a 36x48, if my budget can handle it. Probably end up building it in stages.

Al


You can never have too many tractors, and you can never have too large of shop. Our shop is 40 by 48 with one side shed 16 by 40 and on the other side is a 16 by 40 side shed that has been stretched another 40 by 22 feet, O and it has a hay loft 40 by 16. The dang thing is not large enough!!



My ultimate goal is to add lean-to's to each side of it, for stuff that just needs a roof over its head. There is no doubt if I were to build a shop the size of a tobacco warehouse or an airplane hangar, within 6 months it would be so full you couldn't even walk in it.

There is a man in our community, he ran a garage at his home. He is the best mechanic I have ever seen, particularly on older, bigger equipment. His shop is crammed full. When he was younger and his shop filled up, he would just add on another wing!

I was over at our new house yesterday checking out the drywall work. I am not sure but I believe I can squeeze the Cub or a Super A in the garage and still have room for our vehicles! :big smile:

Al
:lol: :applause:

Re: Shop...lets see yours...pics

Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Steve:

Nice to see that someone else has two table saws as well. Nice shops.... :big smile: