This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C-22 Mower Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Beestingz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04474
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub

C-22 Mower Question

Postby Beestingz » Fri May 20, 2005 9:52 am

I'm hoping to replace the pin on my driveshaft that connect the pitman rod. The pin is going to be tough to press out and seems that the drivepully will have to be removed to gain access to the opposite end of the shaft. Could you please inform me as to how the pully is attached? I'm assuming it might also be left hand thread but its a bear to loosen. Your thoughts.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri May 20, 2005 10:04 am

Yes it is left hand thread.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Steve in Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve in Mo » Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 am

If you are talking about the pin that holds the bearing on to the flywheel I just did that job. Yes it is left hand on the pully and you have to remove the shaft. Now comes the hard part I used a 12 ton press and that would not get the job done without heating the shaft. I also took the bearing housing off this required cutting the old pin as my press was not tall enough. Another good idea is to get the pin cold in a freezer then heat the flywheel and it goes in eaiser. Last but not least be sure to check the nut on the shaft as the new one I got was not threaded well. Hope this is what you are asking otherwise this was all about nothing.

Return to “Farmall Cub”