This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Can someone post pics of clutch shaft zerk fitting, and...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mr. Mac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99122

Can someone post pics of clutch shaft zerk fitting, and...

Postby Mr. Mac » Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

also, someone had mentioned in my post on this retrofitting a zerk on the older Cubs, if someone could post pics of where to drill, etc... I'd be much obliged. I had the pedal freed up this spring, and it started getting stiff again, spraying some really good lube in there right now with the right wheel up on a ramp to help it flow into the bushing area, but I'd like to get a permanent fix on this ;-)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Can someone post pics of clutch shaft zerk fitting, and.

Postby Glen » Wed May 08, 2013 2:19 am

Hi,
Here's a picture, hope this is what you wanted.
Attachments
Cub.jpg
Cub.jpg (104.01 KiB) Viewed 336 times

Mr. Mac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 am

Thx Glen!!! ;-)

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tst » Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 am

I also put a fitting on the brake cross shaft on the other side as they freeze in the torque tube
Tim

Mr. Mac
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed May 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Ok, got it handled, drilled it, tapped it, greased it ;-)

I had the pedal ohhh so freed up last night by driving the tractor up on a car ramp on the right side so I could get some gravity feed through the bushing area, sprayed it over and over with this super Moly lube, Lube it all I think it's called, good stuff and the pedal worked like brand new. But since Glen posted that pic, I had no excuse no to install zerks. Went through the whole shaft on the clutch side, so grease would go all around the shaft/bushing area. Used Shell Super Duty Moly grease, it's called something different now...

And to be nice I took pics, the Cub is a 1948, we've had it in steady use since the 80's, motor was rebuilt some time back.

Thx guys ;-)

Return to “Farmall Cub”