This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

does anyone get annoyed with their dealer?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

does anyone get annoyed with their dealer?

Postby ad356 » Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm

seems like the dealer doesn't really like to deal with looking up parts for an old cub. i can tell that when i walk in the door they get annoyed, its like oh, no now i have to look up parts for this old piece of junk kind of attitude. i am the only one that feels this way. they would rather try to sell me a new crap cadet then order the parts for a really good tractor. does anyone else get this, where they dont want to deal with an old machine? i think they should look up the parts with a smile, their one of their jobs is to sell parts for case/IH equipment PAST and PRESENT. some of their parts their prices are way off anyways. i needed a belt for the danco, their price $54 napa $36. what other parts does napa have for these machines? do they carry oil filters? deck bearings? seals? i might start going to napa for allot of things.

they dont actually come out and say that my cub is a "peice of junk" but their body langauge says it all. this tractor is built better then any shiney new yellow and white peice of plastic and tin that they sell for several thousand dollars that will end up in a landfill in 10 years or less.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: does anyone get annoyed with their dealer?

Postby ricky racer » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

I have very little problem with my dealer but I do buy a lot of Cub stuff from my NAPA store. If your NAPA has knowledgeable counter people they should be able to cross reference many parts. I usually go to napaonline.com and cross reference IH parts.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Depends on the dealer. I used to have a dealer close by, but CaseIH decided to pull the plug on em ... owner pulled the plug as well... :( Closest dealer is an hour east or west of me and neither have good service nor care to provide it unless you just bought a really expensive tractor -- and then that only lasts for a little while. :big give up:

So, my new local dealers are:

TM Tractor
    Columbia Tractor
    Carter & Grunewald

When I need genuine IH parts these are the folks I get em all from. Tom actually gets a lot of his from Columbia but Tom and Lynn are much better in the service department and they are friends so they get the business first. If I need stuff that Tom and Lynn don't carry, then I usually go to Columbia if I am on my way to New York or C&B if not. Ken at C&G is the go to guy period. You need parts for your Danco ... call Ken. Need parts for a Woods.... call Ken. That simple.

I don't mess with dealers who do not have good service or good parts people. There are a lot of parts that are cross referenced here - 7) Are parts available? and there are other parts lists somewhere depending on what you need.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

I am blessed in that first these tractors were tremendously popular here, and to some extent still are. Secondly we have two really good dealers with 45 minutes of us in either direction. The number one thing that can help is to bring a part number with you. It can save them a lot of time digging through parts books or looking on the computer for what you need.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:49 pm

After spending several thousand dollars in parts at my local deal, i wrote him off. Now i only deal with C&G and TM. period. My local dealer stated to my mechanic that they wished i would die or go somewhere else for my parts, cause i was a royal pain in the a$$ with them old tractors he keeps buying up. So i obliged him, i did let owner know the parts managers feelings towards me though, not that it did any good.

BJ Moretz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28661
Tractors Owned: IHCC Chapter 42
1985 Ford 1310
2007 MF 1533
1942 Farmall M
1970 Farmall Cub
1946 Farmall B
1200 Cub Cadet

Postby BJ Moretz » Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

With the dealer I have, it depends on who is working the counter that day :-) I usually get what I need in the end tho. A good dealer takes care of whoever walks in their door.
BJ Moretz
Member Chapter 42 IHCC
1970 Farmall Cub
1533 MF
1310 Ford
1946 Farmall B
1942 Farmall M
1200 Cub Cadet

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I get great service from my local dealers and NAPA. Could be that I call/go with part numbers in hand. Why not, I have the resources available right here, on this site, to identify the parts, by number, that I need. I pick up the parts I ordered and pay cash-on-the-barrelhead. Instead of a pain in the posterior, I'm a welcome change. A plate of homemade Christmas cookies, an occasional strawberry shortcake will do wonders for you.

Why go to all that bother, after all it's THEIR job to search out the parts? That is what they are PAID to do. I agree, however, any one of the dealers/NAPA that I deal with will jump through NUMEROUS hoops for me when I need help on an especially difficult problem.

I enter the business with a smile and greet them warmly, call them by name and tell them that I hope they are having a great day. Guess what they are smiling too and eager to help me. I'm not a large customer, so I don't get this treatment because I make them a lot of money, however, upon occasion I may make their day.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed May 08, 2013 4:39 pm

I find it advantageous to walk into the dealership knowing the CIH part numbers for the things I need. Saves their time and mine. :wink:
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Wed May 08, 2013 4:52 pm

I get annoyed with everyone in the public workplace....I can't even order seeds out a a seed catalog without getting ticked talking to someone from who knows where...Its my experience that counter help in auto parts stores has no idea of what their looking for outside of a number....As Mr Hudson says if you have the time and resources to do their job for them and bring them treats, they'll reward you with the service they should have given you to begin with...What a lovely time I had finding blades for a C2 IH...No one wanted to be troubled....I particularly like it when they don't have an item in stock and you have to pay for them to have it shipped to them and then again to have it shipped to you....I guess thats why the Chinese own our Country....Oops have to stop now, this ol disabled vet from Viet Nam can get carried away at times...Short answer...Yes I get annoyed... :censored: :censored: :censored: Dave
In Memory of 58,286

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073

Postby bythepond88 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:07 pm

My closest dealer is an hour's drive, so I only go there on those occasions when the local parts store doesn't have what I need, and I'm suffering from NIRTS so I can't order from TM. However, they are always willing to spend whatever time is necessary to find what I need. I think it helps that it's in the middle of farm country, where a lot of farmers still use old iron. There is always at least one letter-series tractor in the shop, and they often have a used cub or several out front for sale, as well as being willing to find me a used front cover and pulley when I had the motor up for machine work during the rebuild.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

charlespretzer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66850
Tractors Owned: Allis G.Allis B
Farmall H, M, 706
2 Cub Lowboys
MCormick W4
And a barn full of quality junk

Postby charlespretzer » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm

I have 2 agco dealers. One won't do anything the other is very good at getting old parts. My case dealer
Is more than helpful.Most of these guys I've known most my adult life. Being nice really helps.They get alot
of grouches,especially during planting & harvest time.
Farmall 706,2 cub lowboys,an H & M
McCormick W4 Allis B & G.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Columbia Tractor has a great parts department.

1farmall95cub0
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17762
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub
1945 Farmall H

Postby 1farmall95cub0 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 pm

at my local auto parts store it all depends on who is waiting on you, for the most part they are all pretty knowledable about everything, and havnet really givven me any problems with ordering parts for my old tractors, the other day i was at Tractor Supply, asked where there electrical wire was, "oh we dont carry any electrical wire what so ever" asked where i could find a brush grubber "nope we dont have them either" walked through the store, found an 8ft display of wire, and a brush grubber

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 am

CapeCodCubs wrote:Columbia Tractor has a great parts department.

2 x on Columbia tractor in NY , they have the parts and do shipping and the parts guy on the phone is not at all bothered by a vintage Cub parts search , they also have some Cub stuff in stock such as throw out bearings, carb kits and exhaust pipes http://www.columbiatractor.com/

Return to “Farmall Cub”