Howard De-Speeder Questions

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Howard De-Speeder Questions

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am

Found a cub with a De-speeder but it's missing the original handle and all the brackets to space over for the drawbar and brake. Along time ago somebody was making the brackets do they still reproduce them? Does anyone make the handles?
Brandon Webb
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub #1024
1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1975 International Cub
1977 International Cub
1978 International Cub

Re: Howard De-Speeder Questions

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon May 13, 2013 8:59 am

Rick Prentiss made mine, but I do not think he is doing any work at that type presently. I can get some closeup pictures of mine if you want to see about getting some made at a local fabrication shop. The drawbar extension brackets he made are much better than the originals, implements are easier to change. Do not forget the seal plate that goes between the despeeder and the final, was it there? Here is a link to pictures I already have posted of mine.

http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/Ho ... 20Reducer/

He made both a front and a rear bracket so I did not have to move the bracket when changing implements.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Return to Farmall Cub