This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Where to start!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Where to start!

Postby Hengy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 pm

LeeC wrote:You are killing me Mike. There were two cadet original rolling chassis’s for sale near you on craigslist for over a month earlier this year. As I recall they wanted $100 for both. You might try Patton Acres in Edinburg. I would open up the top and see how much rust you have before investing in another transmission, however. You might just need input and counter shaft bearings. --Lee

Well, Lee... that's me! A day late and a Dollar short!! Here is a short video of the tractor running in my driveway shortly after fixing the Governor. The smoke you see in the video has really cleared up substantially now that it has been running for a while. The transmission, however has NOT gotten any quieter with running! lol

Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Hengy wrote:......... The transmission, however has NOT gotten any quieter with running!
I've got one with a noisy transmission top bearing(s) that sat out side for years before I got it. It still sets outside. It's also the only one I NEVER EVER grind the gears or PTO on. Push clutch, wait for noise to stop, shift or engage. I'm gonna miss that when I finally tear into it and fix those bearings.

birddog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54515

Postby birddog » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Hey Mike; Reading this thread made me think of the transmission we changed on Merlin. Did you ever pick up the one we removed, from Liethen Ridge? The last I saw, it was still laying by the shed.
Mark "birddog" Birdeau
Circle of Safety

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 am

Mark,

That transmission is sitting in my garage as we speak. It was actually from Roland when I got him from Donny and replaced the tranny. Unfortunately, Roland's old tranny is only marginally more quiet than Lewis' current tranny. I'm keeping on the lookout for parts or a tranny to do a transplant for Lewis!

Mike
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Return to “Farmall Cub”