Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Tue May 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Will a Lo boy with a fast hitch and a L-59 mower work together :?:

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm

i may be wrong on this, but its my understanding that the L-59 mower wont work because it spins left hand, and the Cub PTO spins right hand

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm

Jackman,
Using the "Manuals" link above, you get to Rudi's vast library of Manuals, etc. including a whole lot of Woods Mower Manuals

Peter

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm

The mower is fine on the Lo Boy , I bought it new 20 years ago question is can I run the deck with the Fast Hitch attached :?: I currently do not have a Fast Hitch however I do want one but only if the mower and the hitch are compatible.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

You will need a different mule drive for the fast hitch. It should show in the manuals.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 7:22 am

Thanks , I;ll take a look

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 11:00 am

Jackman wrote:Will a Lo boy with a fast hitch and a L-59 mower work together :?:


I have a Woods 59 on my 59' Cub Loboy with Fast Hitch. Its been on there for 15 years and runs fine I guess. But I am not sure since my wife and the girls won't let me have a turn on it. The belt on it has a 3/4 turn twist to it on the Cub to get the mower blades to run in the right direction. And it runs good the way they designed it. I think I have all the paperwork that came with it around here somewhere if you need help with getting it on there. But if you are cutting any really deep grass you probably will need a super charger on the engine and an additional radiator to keep the engine cool. Or it cuts just fine in the winter. Anyway, the fast hitch works fine with it on there. Although I have to slip off the mower deck itself when using the plow.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 11:28 am

mountain4don wrote:
Jackman wrote:Will a Lo boy with a fast hitch and a L-59 mower work together :?:


I have a Woods 59 on my 59' Cub Loboy with Fast Hitch. Its been on there for 15 years and runs fine I guess. But I am not sure since my wife and the girls won't let me have a turn on it. The belt on it has a 3/4 turn twist to it on the Cub to get the mower blades to run in the right direction. And it runs good the way they designed it. I think I have all the paperwork that came with it around here somewhere if you need help with getting it on there. But if you are cutting any really deep grass you probably will need a super charger on the engine and an additional radiator to keep the engine cool. Or it cuts just fine in the winter. Anyway, the fast hitch works fine with it on there. Although I have to slip off the mower deck itself when using the plow.

Have you flushed your block per the Blue Ribbon Service manual? You need to remove the water inlet on the side of the block and get something up there to dislodge the crud up on top of the cooling galleries. The manual shows the trouble spots. I was able to do a good job with my pressure washer wand. A lot of junk came out and it ran cooler.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 4:31 pm

What is a "Blue Ribbon Service Manual"? I do clean the front screen and blow the grass out of the radiator pretty often.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

mountain4don wrote:What is a "Blue Ribbon Service Manual"?

That is an IH factory manual. A copy of it can be found on the forum manual server.
http://www.farmallcub.com/fcman/index.php?dirpath=./files/Service%20Manuals&order=0

There are links to many Cub manuals in the upper right portion of each forum page.

mountain4don wrote:I do clean the front screen and blow the grass out of the radiator pretty often.

That only takes care of the outside. What Bob is referring to is cleaning the crud from the inside of the cooling system. Restricted water flow can cause cooling problems.

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Here's a picture of the inside of a lower radiator bolster after who knows how many years of neglect; (courtesy of "Olred")
Image

Peter

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Thu May 16, 2013 3:07 am

Woods deck will work with the loboy fast hitch. here's my loboy with the FH & deck.
Image

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Thu May 16, 2013 5:15 am

Kirk nice pic :big afro:, Thanks

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Thu May 16, 2013 8:31 am

Sometimes I am a stickler on 'terminology', I think I have Rudi calling it a 59 now instead of an L-59 :) . L indicates an opposite rotation than what a Cub/Lo Boy has. Deck is white instead of orange and there is a stamp on the spindle shaft (l or r).

Re: Lo boy fast hitch and a L-59 mower

Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

Peter Person wrote:Here's a picture of the inside of a lower radiator bolster after who knows how many years of neglect; (courtesy of "Olred")
Image

Peter

Is that a craftsman spoon stirring that pea soup?

Kirk