This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

trying to cover everything

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Pickerincal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93455
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1967 Cub Cadet
1972 Loadstar 1600
Circle of Safety: Y

trying to cover everything

Postby Pickerincal » Wed May 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Okay so I'm at this point with my restoration, About half the parts are out of the el tank and primed. I figured I would change the fluids and whatever gaskets/seals I can at this point. I was thinking of doing new brakes also, I imagine they're about like everything else on this machine, run hard put away wet and run hard again. So my question is, (It's in neutral and wheels are off) when I turn the hubs by hand they rotate fine but it's not the smoothest sound. I drained the oil from the finals and pulled the cover on the rear where the pto is (not sure what it's called) I found a little water and sludge but no metal. Is there anything I should look for or check at this point? Suggestions are greatly appreciated :D

And no comment on the shop haha.. :oops:
Attachments
IMAG0138.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg (96.82 KiB) Viewed 289 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743

Re: trying to cover everything

Postby DanR » Thu May 16, 2013 6:06 am

Safer support of the axel tube would be a good place to start. As for the shop is there a problem?
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Re: trying to cover everything

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 am

I'd jack the rear wheels up and check for obvious play in the axle bearings.

Return to “Farmall Cub”