Finally got to Plow

Thu May 16, 2013 10:50 pm

After all of you fine folks help giving me advice on getting my cub running that wouldn't start around Easter time and putting it to use solving my starting problem I was ready to plow. However, mother nature had other plans it just kept raining. Last summer and fall we couldn't buy a rain it even snowed some after Easter to keep me from plowing. So finally two nights ago I got some seat time on the cub and got to plow my garden. It was a tad wet but it was windy yesterday and dried the plowed ground out very well. When I got home from school I was able to disk. I know this is a farmall cub site but I also posted some pics of me disking as well last night before the rain with my grandfathers 9N ford. One of my ag students dropped by that lives in town and enjoys antique tractors he has two John Deere's and he had never disked before so I let him make a few passes after a little bit of instruction. He had a ball doing it. I let him drive the cub too while he was here. However, I wasn't able to convert him from John Deere green to farmall red or ford gray/red.
Needed several more acres to plow and disk as it was lots of fun and brought back many found memories of my deceased grandfather while I was driving.
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Finally got to Plow

Fri May 17, 2013 7:13 am

getter done.

Fri May 17, 2013 7:20 am

Great pictures!

Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am

Lookin' good, Chris.

Bill

Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Chris,
Nice looking soil, and nice job plowing. I do like the Ford, I can not lie. Your grandfather had good taste in tractors.
Chris

Sat May 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Fun times!

Thanks for sharing,