Re: Old Hay Rake

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 am

Well I was going by memory :) I was thinking the "angle iron frame" that supports the tongue or the drawbar was called the thill...

Poppy always put his hay up in stacks. Even after I was a little kid and he started having a man come in and square bale, he still had one small field he would rake with the dump rake and the hay would be stacked. We even used the '47 Willy's CJ-2A for pulling the hayrake some.

Re: Old Hay Rake

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 am

I rode one of those as a kid also, pulled by the Cub. My brother had to take his belt off and belt me to the seat and put blocks of wood on the dump pedal so I could reach. Was probably around 8-10 years old at the time.