New in NW GA/drawbar

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:37 pm

I am a new Cub owner in NW GA. Are there any gatherings of Cub owners in my area? I would like to purchase implements for my 1953 Cub Farmall i.e. cultivator and belly mower. I want to add a drawbar assembly, also, but I cannot find a complete assembly online--just plates and screws. Thanks for your help.

Re: New in NW GA/drawbar

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 am

Welcome to the forum....Don't know much about gatherings in your area, but someone will be along to help you with that....Check out the For Sale Cub section for the drawbar etc....Usually Boss Hog has one around ( he's in Southern Virginia), he has a get together called the Hog Waller also, come to think of it.....(Just went by, May 31st)....Anyhow either he or Barnyard or Tim, (TST) usually have such things for sale....Again welcome....

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. Come on in and have a look around to see what all it has to offer, thanks to many of the fine folks on here.
Yes, there are gatherings. Called "CubFest." There is a list of CubFest on the Board Index Page. Dale Shaw in Crossville, TN will be having one in August. He can fix you up with about any of the parts you want. There will also be one, called the Deep South CubFest in Flordia come Feb. Both are within traveling range for you.
Check out the Manuals links at the top of the page and all the other information. Will take a little time but a world of information. Enjoy.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 am

Thank you for your help randallc and pickerandsinger. I appreciate your responses and pointing me in the right direction.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 am

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your 1st new to you Farmall Cub :D

tontenga wrote:I want to add a drawbar assembly, also, but I cannot find a complete assembly online--just plates and screws.

Post a want in the Wanted Cub Items forum for the complete drawbar. There are a number of our members who may have them for sale.

There are lots of resources available for our members on the forum, from Owner's Manuals, to Parts and Service manuals. Suggest you follow the links below:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:54 am

Welcome to the forum from another from Canton, Georgia. There are several members not far from you, and there is a cub graveyard near Ressaca Georgia, I hear lots of cubs and parts, never be there. My uncle's first cub was a 1953, let us know the serial number (tag found on front bolster), this identifies year model. Another newbie near you posted recently. I have a couple of working cubs, not restored, but a neighbor has 2 older restored, we have got to get together for some kind of gathering.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:31 am

Here is a belly mower south of ATL you might be interested in

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/grd/3840484427.html

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Bob:

That is a nice looking IH-Danco C-2.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I can help with a drawbar
Tim

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:48 pm

my59LoBoy wrote:Welcome to the forum from another from Canton, Georgia. There are several members not far from you, and there is a cub graveyard near Ressaca Georgia, I hear lots of cubs and parts, never be there. My uncle's first cub was a 1953, let us know the serial number (tag found on front bolster), this identifies year model. Another newbie near you posted recently. I have a couple of working cubs, not restored, but a neighbor has 2 older restored, we have got to get together for some kind of gathering.

Here is a post I did about a year ago. Quite a collection of tractors! Check it out, since it is so close to you, and welcome to the forum!

PS I am in North Carolina and have a drawbar without the brackets, and a Woods 42 belly mower if you are in the mood for a road trip!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Lots of Cub stuff going on around here. I just picked up a set of wheel weights from my neighbor and I'm taking them down the street to trade for a set of rear rims and tires from another friend. We have twelve Cubs between us.

I haven't been up to Resaca lately, but Robert usually has 8 - 10 Cubs on his yard and a bunch more out back for parts.

Dean, we should have a minifest sometime up your way since Ron moved up there; and Phil is not far away either.