This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

guide forks for Danco C2 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ozarkco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65655
Tractors Owned: '57 Farmall Cub

guide forks for Danco C2 mower

Postby ozarkco » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm

I am having trouble keeping the belt on my 42" Danco C2 mower. Found a great photo of the belt guide forks posted by Dogman. My mower has no forks. Is it worth making a pair or is a new belt likely to solve the problem? I have followed the suggestions on the forum and think I have the belt adjusted and tightened properly. The belt I am using is pretty raggedy. Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: guide forks for Danco C2 mower

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 am

If your belt is in poor condition, that's probably most of the problem. While you're replacing the belt, you might also add the guides.

Ironlegs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16426
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Super A
1958 Farmall Cub

Postby Ironlegs » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 am

I have about two years experience with my Cub tractor and C-2 mower (over twenty years with a Super A and implements including a Woods mower). My Cub mower came with only one of the belt guides you describe so I had another made. The C-2's belt is slack when the mower is raised. The belt's drive tension is set with the mower lowered and in operating position. The mower should NOT be operated in a position much above its cutting height because the belt will be slackened and, possibly, misaligned. The guides are easy to make and install. I see their function as to keep the belt on the mower pulley when the deck is raised and not powered.
Ironlegs John

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 am

You can probably buy that guide fork NOS. Just Google the part number and someone will have it. I bought one last year for my C3. If you need the part numbers, check the manuals sections above. Rotary Cutters (RC-1) has a complete breakdown on the C2 and C3 mowers.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 pm

If the belt is ragged, it probably has some stretched/broken cords in it that are causing it to jump off.

All the guide forks will do for you in this case is give the belt a place to wedge under when it jumps off the next time.

Return to “Farmall Cub”