This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil pressure gauge pegged on high

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
banjoman
10+ Years
10+ Years

oil pressure gauge pegged on high

Postby banjoman » Thu May 26, 2005 6:08 pm

just bought a cub 2 weeks ago put maybe 10 hours on it and noticed a high pitched sound. changed the filter flushed the resorvoir with kerosene it was plugged with sludge.filled her with oil - started it- noticed smoke coming from the breather .oil gauge is pegged on high oil pump is what is making squealing noise any help :( would be appreciated
well

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu May 26, 2005 6:55 pm

Sounds like the crud blocked the relief valve too.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Thu May 26, 2005 7:53 pm

High pitched could be your hydraulic pump which is normal. Oil gauge is most likely defective. Wouldn't not trust oil gauge to be accurate.

banjoman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby banjoman » Sun May 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Thanks for the advice you guys
well

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Mon May 30, 2005 9:19 pm

Check the bolt that holds the cover on the oil filter. There should be an orifice in it. The sludge could have plugged that too.

Rondell

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon May 30, 2005 9:40 pm

We never did ask what does the gague show when the engine is off.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

banjoman
10+ Years
10+ Years

fixed one problem now have 2 more

Postby banjoman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:11 pm

well I pulled the oil regulator out and cleaned it it seems to have fixed the problem then I mowed with the belly mower for about an hour and ran out if gas so when i filled it i added some lead additive put it was sposed to be 8oz per 20 gallons i thought id fudge and poured a little to much in about 4oz to 5 gallons woops it ran good pullin a disc with about 450lbs on it for weight after about an hour she died on me fuel is leaking out of the air intake pulled the mag distributor assembly checked the points they look pretty black and pitted tommoroww i will be picking up a carb kit and points kit seems as though the needle valve is sticking and the carb gasket is half wet I am wondering if heat from the engine is warping carburetor body. think next purchase will be a team of belgian geldings to tow around the farmall :P this forum is very helpful thank you all
well

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:47 pm

Carbs do not warp from heat. The warp by PO overtightening them. Some Non Case IH carb kits have the gasket cut wrong and it interferes with the float. There afe fibre gaskets in the carb for jets and nozles as well as under the seat for the float needle. Thers can be loose or leaking .

Remember you only own it two weeks and your problems may be those the previous owner hadn't fixed and is why he sold. Ihope you have read the info for new mwmbers and the links on the home page. They have a wealth of info and some deal with the very problems you are encountering.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”